3 de septiembre de 2011

MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS (VMA) 2011

This time I am not going to be making a Best and Worst dressed list, the VMAs are an event where "celebrities" use their craziest fashions, so it is hard to put them into categories, this time it will be more a personal opinion on what they wore, nonetheless they were some truly meant for the Worst dressed section!

---

Everytime I think about the Jersey Shore girls (or guys) my mind instantly thinks it is going to be disastrous, and although they kept up to that image, some where less worse than the others. Averall the worst part about their dresses, was the length, they look ready for the gyno!

I could say that aside from her horrible spray-tan, which matched her dress, Snooki almost got it right!


Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi


Is this the same dress (in a different colour) Amber Riley from Glee wore for the Grammy Awards 2011? I think it is, please correct me if I am wrong. If it isn't then it looks a lot like it!

Amber Riley in Ema Savahl.


 The second Jersey Shore who almost pulled it right was Samantha Giancola, better known as "Sammy", but again with the Oompa-Loompa skin! I don't understand the fixation of these girls with orange skin! Also the shoes bother me, they are not cute, and they don't match the dress!





Jenni "Jwoww" Farley...the whole thing looks cheap, also those fake-boobs ruin even the best things she wears...



Saved the worst for last! Deena Cortese, the latest addition to the Shore gang, wore a rainbow glittery dress, with gold shoes and clutch that matched her highlights! Oh, check out the scary green contacts...


The first thing that came to mind, was this candy I used to eat when I was young, Rainbow Stick. Awful dress, but it really made me crave to eat one of those again!

This year the VMAs didn't have a host, but they did have a Pre-Show special, which I watched just for you! Selena Gomez worked the part of interviewer, and this is what she wore:



Selena Gomez in Julian MacDonald

From this dress and her performance at the past Teen Choice Awards, it makes me believe her new style is Cabaret Vampire-Chic...Her album cover art is very twenties, so it seems she is bringing that into her outfits, but in this dress she took it too far. I'm sorry but the whole long-in-the-back-short-in-the-front skirt (or Mullet  Skirt as Celebitchy.com calls it) screams 90's to me!

Luckily the dress she wore inside the venue was so pretty, continuing also the trend by many of the other females in the place, the silver dress.

Selena in a mini-dress by Jenny Packham


Selena's bestie, Demi Lovato wore a beautiful silver dress, but it looked too tight in the cleavage area, maybe this is Demi's way of telling us she has grown up? Like I said it was beautiful, but I have to say it wasn't suited for her body...



Demi Lovato in Mandalay.
I almost forgot about her nails, they are so tacky!



Continuing with the ex-Disney girls, I give points to Miley Cyrus for being covered up, and demure, her make-up and her hair look amazing, but the colour and the mix of prints make it look dated, a short version of this dress, in maybe just the animal print would have been better. It looks better in pictures than it did on T.V. though.


Miley Cyrus in Cavalli.



Britney looked amazing! Well I am such a Britney stan...but really, she has improved so much, specially in the hair department, the only thing I would have changed were those peep-toe boots, her legs are short, and this type of shoe cuts her leg, making it seem shorter, maybe some rocking black stilettos would have been a better choice!


Britney Spears in Moschino.

Beyonce Knowles debuted her baby bump, with much controversy, at the VMAs, she looked glowing!





Now onto the out-there gals! Known for her crazy antics I always save a special category for these three ladies, and this time could be no exception!


First, Nicki Minaj. Although I love the intention of a very harajuku inspired dress, she mixed too many elements, I like the dress it's very much like a futuristic Lolita, but the she threw on a bunch of different stuff and it is all over the place, maybe if she had stuck to one thing it would have been amazing!



Katy Perry was also inspired by Japan, including the traditional umbrella. I loved this outfit, the only down-side is her hair, the pink is OK, but her forehead looks too wide with that hair style, almost looks like as if she had a receding hairline!

Katy Perry in Atelier Versace.

Inside she changed three times for a total of four outfits, for the first time someone wore more garments than Lady Gaga.
The purple gown was nice,the following outfit was classy, except for the yellow cube on her head, and the last one was...well very Katy Perry.


Katy Perry in Tom Ford.

Katy Perry in Dior.

Katy Perry in Johnny Wujek.


Last but not least, Lady Gaga! Or should I say Jo Calderone? When Gaga said we were going to see her as we had never seen her before, I thought she was going to tone it down and let the music speak for itself...oh, old naive me!



Credits: pictures from MTV.com and Just Jared

No hay comentarios: